Monday, October 22, 2007

Jeff Green's "Amazing Journey"

Leading up to the start of the 2007-08 season, NBA.com is doing a series of 30 interviews with NBA players about the paths they took to the NBA. Today's featured subject is Sonics rookie forward Jeff Green.

Who was your basketball hero and why?
JG: I would say my Dad because he was a guy around his neighborhood who was one of the best players, but he didn't get the chance to go the lengths that I did, going to college and making it to the NBA. I would just say going to his neighborhood and hearing all the stories that he has had, and all the success that he has had growing up playing basketball and not being able to make it to a college because of the things that surrounded him. I feel the way he has pushed me to be the kind of player I am now, I owe a lot to my father.
Go check out the whole interview if you haven't already.