Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thomas Meets Media

New Sonics center Kurt Thomas arrived in Seattle yesterday for a quick tour and spent part of his afternoon chatting with the local media.

"I know this is a young team, but I'm looking forward to the challenge," Thomas said. "I'm excited about it. I think this is a great city and a great franchise and we've just got to take every step forward."

For those thinking of his acquisition more in terms of the intangible contributions he provides in terms of leadership and mentoring, Thomas provided a quick self-scouting report on his game.

"I'm a guy who plays with a lot of intensity, a guy who is focused on the defensive end of the floor and a guy who can also put the ball in the floor at the offensive end," he said. "I'm a guy who can shoot the ball - 15-, 17-foot jumpshots, I can play inside and I've got pretty nice touch around the basket."