Tuesday, August 21, 2007

You Love to Read This Stuff

This blog post by Sekou Smith, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's excellent Hawks beat writer, is ostensibly about Kobe Bryant's dedication, but the point is made in a way that highlights Sonics rookies Kevin Durant and Jeff Green.

Apparently the U.S. National Team held an optional practice on Sunday and only three players showed up: Bryant, Durant and Green. Another version of the story I've heard indicates that Durant and Green got back in the gym later to get up more shots.

That kind of dedication should serve Durant and Green very well during the regular season and beyond.

Michael Lee of the Washington Post was in Las Vegas and has a story about the budding friendship between Durant and Green:

Durant said Seattle already feels like home with Green and another Maryland native, Delonte West, acquired in the deal with Green. "Going through the lottery experience, I thought I was going to be out there all by myself," Durant said. "God works in mysterious ways."
I asked Green about working out with Durant while back home in the D.C. area as part of my Q&A with Green, in Seattle for the day.