Friday, August 17, 2007

Pictures and Friday Update

A couple of photos from Las Vegas and the U.S. Senior National Team practice:


Above, Kevin Durant learns from the best as Jason Kidd delivers a comment to Kobe Bryant. At right, Nick Collison shoots a hook shot in the paint. Both photos by Andrew D. Bernstein/NBAE/Getty.

Not a lot of coverage out there, but ESPN Insider's Chris Sheridan does have this nugget in his notebook piece:

Chauncey Billups said he was in awe of Kevin Durant's soft touch from the outside.

"He's going to be special," Billups said.
In the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Gary Washburn has an excellent look at the hard work Robert Swift is putting in with his rehabilitation at The Furtado Center.

"The way I look at it, I am back and healthy," he said. "I am going to come back 100 maybe 110 percent by October. This was a major setback and I turned it into a positive. I gained 40 pounds and I exceeded all of my weightlifting goals. I have worked hard to get back here, and I am ready. I'm ready."